Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why Blog?

A friend just asked me a while ago why I blog. Here's why:
  1. I like writing. It gives my mind and hands something to do.
  2. Writing is simply an outlet. When I want to say something, I can do it here at walang aangal. Sure, readers may leave a comment but they can't really censor what I've already written.
  3. When I have feelings that I need to express, I can do it here. Then I can process what I'm feeling and what happened to me without having to pay for a shrink. Keeps me sane.
  4. I can go back to previous entries and look at where I was at that time. It helps me keep track of life events. It serves as a record of bits and pieces of my life. Who knows, it might be worth something someday.
  5. I can be as profound or as shallow as I like. I can talk about anything and everything under the sun. It's a good practice for keeping the mind sharp and curious about people, things and events around us.
  6. It's a way to tell family members and friends about how I'm doing. Sometimes it gets tedious to recount stories over and over again. It could be tempting to embelish the story a little just to make the retelling different. It could also be confusing as to what you have already told whom.
  7. It's a good way to keep people entertained, parang telenobela, without being tedious I hope.
  8. Just because I can.